In this step we give you a checklist on the entire list of elements that you need to make sure you have covered off on in order to organise and run a successful tradeshow.
Some of these may seem obvious but you'd be surprised at how many people just clean forget about it!
This post is part of a series of 17 steps to mastering your trade show ROI. If you haven’t already seen in you need to go back to the first post in the series that covers your goals and objectives. While you can take the information in this single post by itself and improve your results - you will have far greater success if you approach it like a mini course and move from one step to the next.
Make sure you download the PDF – below, print it out and mark off each item with the date you complete it beside each one. This will help you next time to know how much time to allow for the various elements and will ensure you don’t get caught out with something being overlooked.
- Confirm the booking to the expo
- Create your goals and strategy
- Pick your location in the expo
- Fill out your 1PEP
- Create your budget
- Book your flights/cars/trains to get to the expo:
Make sure you have considered for all staff who are attending and ensure they are clear on how they are getting there.
- Overnight Accommodation; you need to arrange the motel and make sure they have the following details that can make your life incredibly easy:
- good internet connection in the room
- breakfast included
- quiet area
- conveniently located
- Organise parking at the venue if you are driving
- Study the maps and decide who is going to lunch when and where.
- Set-up your landing page
- Update your company email signature to let everyone know you are going to the expo.
- Schedule your social activity to promote your participation
- Design your display.
- Determine if you or a stand builder is arranging the following:
- audio visual
- decorations – (plants, flowers or table centrepieces)
- Submit plans to the organiser
- Complete your site induction for the venue
- Organise how and when the display and collateral is getting shipped to the expo
- Arrange your promotional strategy
- Organise your promotional and marketing collateral – giveaways/flyers etc.
- Organise samples or products you need to get to the expo
- Organise food and drink if it's part of your strategy.
- Confirm internet access at the exhibition centre
- Train your team
- Set-up email templates for preshow and post show
- Email or call your prospect and client list.
- Organise your scripts and practice them
- Organise your tradeshow toolbox
- Arrange your lead tagging system and order tag readers if necessary
- Schedule your meetings and appointments
- Record the expenses
- Put together a contact list of all the people you may need to get in touch with over the show.
- Confirm all items get to the exhibition centre – this includes collateral, display, furniture food and drink, and samples.
- Analyse leads after the show
- Contact top leads within a day via phone and or email
- Send out brochures/samples requested
- Add segmented leads into your email marketing system
- Review your budget to actual expenses and ROI
Thanks for taking the time to go through this and i hope you find it helpful!